Sports Premium 2017
How much pupil premium money does Kehelland School receive?
- The PE Funding allocation in 2016/17 for Kehelland CP School is £8,410
- Membership of the Go Active Sports League
- Coaching in a range of sports new to the children such as fencing etc
- Swimming subsidy £400.00
- Minibus training £500- We need two more staff rivers for our minibuses to enable us to get more children to sports events thereby increasing participation
- Replacing sports equipment £1500 - New permanent football goals, new sets of balls, team kits etc
- Resurfacing Playgrounds - £2200 will provide seed funding for grants to resurface our playgrounds whose increasingly weathered surfaces are coming to the end of their life. (estimated cost £25k)
We are currently preparing a grant application for Sport England for restructuring and resurfacing our playgrounds to provide enhanced opportunities for sport in wet weather.
What impact has the Sports Premium had at Kehelland School?
There has been a marked increase in the quality and frequency of our sports participation and attainment due to extra coaching, increased teacher training and regular inter school matches and inclusive events
- Monitoring shows an increase in the quality of PE teaching thanks to the funding
- Staff are beginning to report improvements in pupils’ physical fitness
How will the improvements will be sustainable in the future?
The structures set up as part of the CSIA school alliance should be self sustaining when sports premium funding eventually ceases. It is likely that the current committee would continue to exist to co-ordinate events. Staff have greatly benefited from training in may areas of PE and the introduction of a new PE curriculum has embedded improvements at Kehelland.